Many foods are a no no before bedtime, but the worst ones can cause sleepless nights and digestion issues.
1. Cereals especially coated with syrups and sugar bring your blood glucose levels high.
2. Cheese contains tyramine which accumulates through fermenting and aging tricks the brain into jolting awake.
3. Cured meats contain tyramine but turkey contains tryptophan which can help you sleep.
4. Ice cream contains fats and sugars. Sugar raises your energy levels and fat is hard to digest.
5. Raw Vegetables. Stomach starts to hone in on its task and work too hard, so it is hard to digest. This process keeps you awake.
6. Red Meat, which is a fatty food, sticks in your stomach longer and is hard to digest.
7. Smoothies have a compound found in fruit call albeit with keep your energy high.
8. Spicy foods speed up you heart rate and are high in acidic.
Eat this Super Fruit and Sleep Like A Baby
Kiwi – It has an important nutrient Serotonin and folate
Serotonin sends hormones that make us happy and relaxed. Folate which is known as Folic acid or Vitamin 9. People low in these vitamins have a hard time sleeping.
Getting 7 hours of sleep is the most important thing you can do for your body. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
If you have any question on this post, please put your comments below. I would love to support you in your health goals and challenges you have.
To Your Health,